Saturday, February 18, 2012

On my mind.

I'm sitting in Starbucks, and there is something about coffee shops that always get my brain moving. I just love coffee shops. I love coffee. Caffeine helps too. And as my brain races I realize that instead of a post about a single thing, there have been several things on my mind. Read as you will...

My current thoughts, as of late:

>I'm finally feeling the need to invest in an i-phone. I promised myself I would never give into that trend, but they can just do far too many things that my Samsung brick-phone of the 19th century cannot do. Too bad I just renewed my 2 year contract last summer. Looks like I will be a part of the "dumb phone" era for awhile.

>For far too long I have heard the health benefits of drinking green tea, and have refused the thought of drinking something that I can't stand the smell of. I finally gave in and had myself a cup of green tea, and much to my surprise I didn't mind it at all. I think it might grow on me, and I may become a green tea drinker. P.S. It also helped when I learned it contained caffeine just like my daily coffee fix.

>Recently I have been bound and determined to begin to research more antioxidant packed food, and start consuming it. In this world that is full of disease and pain and suffering, I want to do all I can for my body to combat those terrible, horrible, evil words that doctors far-too-often have to give families.

>I have watched 4, F.O.U.R movies in the past two weeks that have made me absolutely break down and bawl like a baby through pretty much the entirety of the movie. I'd like to inform you that I am not usually a sap when it comes to movies and it is not frequently that I find myself shedding tears at them. These movies however have literally left me feeling like my best friend just died. Although the movies were overall good movies, the feeling was not a fun feeling - I'm up for a feel good, happy, laugh-hard, warm and fuzzy movie in the near future.

>Painting my nails lately has left me feeling festive, sophisticated and happy. It's funny how such a simple thing can make you feel so wonderful.

>Had a really good talk with a wonderful friend the other day. One who lives hundreds and hundreds of miles away. One I haven't seen since last December (yes, over a year ago), yet still feel like I can share my whole heart and soul with. Friendships like this are so special. I always feel refreshed and ready to take on the world and conquer my dreams after talking to this girl- a good conversation with many of my friends leaves me feeling this way. It's a pretty amazing blessing.

>Wouldn't it be nice if my entire closet could be transformed into my Pintrest "Outfit" board? Confidence comes from feeling good from the outside, in. Clothes make a world of difference. One of these days I'm going to have to go on a shopping spree from some of those adorable creations and make them my own.

>One of the best feelings in the world is feeling right at home, comfortable and free to be yourself. I experienced that last night when I sat and hung out with Rob's parents for over an hour. It felt so good to catch up on the happenings of their lives and to just converse about the everyday ins-and-outs of life in general. I will be so lucky to marry into that family one day, they are incredible people.

>Gas. The price of gas freaks me out. And I find it funny because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. It is something that is completely out of my control, yet I cringe at the thought of it reaching 5 dollars a gallon this summer. Maybe someday I'll be able to just look at the prices and say It is what it is, I can't control it, so I might as well just deal with it. For now, however, I feel a pang of anxiety when I see the prices creeping up and up.

>Revealed to my parents on Thursday night my dream job of all dream jobs and filled them in on my entire life plan which is centered around this dream. Surprisingly, they they didn't laugh at me, or even lead on that they thought it was entirely ridiculous. Maybe there is still hope for my undetermined future.

>I'm on the cusp of doing something really incredibly difficult on the job front.It's on of those things you have to build up to and brace yourself for and I'm losing sleep over it. Prayers for strength and reassurance and a smooth road would be greatly appreciated.

>It's not new, but it's still relevant. I have a strong desire to travel. I just want to go somewhere. People all around me are taking trips, warm-weathered, tropical, beach excursions and I'm wishing I could do the same. Very soon I will be heading west to reunite with Bozeman, great friends and the slopes. I think that'll help my travel cravings a bit. But I'd also love to get warm and explore new things and places.

>I went for my first outdoor run in months the other night. Although my body didn't feel great, it felt so wonderful to be outside and running again. It's been far too long since I've had the chance to breathe fresh air and see a change of scenery as I've gotten my workout. Treadmills have never been my friend, but between the short days, the cold weather and my long hours at work they had been my only choice. I need to sign up for a race so I can motivate myself to get out even more often then I have been lately. Fargo 10k? Maybe.


As always, take a minute today to look around you- wherever you are- and see the beauty that surrounds us.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you need an IPhone. I seriously don't know how I ever made it before. Miss you beautiful!

    ReplyDelete