Thursday, February 2, 2012

The life and times of a full time Mom...

Today begins my journey on an eight day quest of being a full time mommy. Not just 8am-5pm. Nope. Round-the-clock. Feed, bathe, play, read put-to-bed, wake-up, get to school and everything in between Mom. Over the course of these next 8 days I'm going to share the joys, the hardships and the laughs of being thrown into full-time motherhood!

Tonight Mr.Evan and Lexi said goodbye to their Mom and Dad and saw them off on a week long vacation. They are such incredibly amazing little ones. Both of them held it together so well, said goodbye and transitioned easily into "Amber-mom". Lexi shed a couple of tears and talked about missing Mom and Dad, but quickly rebounded into her normal, happy self. For a seven and a five year old that is truly phenomenal!

I know being a parent is thee hardest job you could ever bargin for. It's full-time. It comes without vacation, without sick days, without time off. The day is filled with coaching little ones on how to be the best, do their best and live life every step of the way. And at the end of the day when they are in bed there are messes to clean, laundry to do, dishes to wash, and needs of your own to tend to- like maybe taking a bathroom break for the first time in 10 hours. It's exhausting to say the least (and at least my full-time parent duty ends in a week). But with that comes so many laughs, so many smiles and so many heart-warming discoveries.

Day One: Lexi makes me a pink-heart stick note that says "Amber loves Rbby". Then she hands it to me and says "Amber loves Robby, Amber loves Robby" and looks at me with a big heart-warming grin. I smile in return. Then she turns off her goofy face and nestles in next to me "Do you really love Robby?" She asks "Because you DO kiss him." (How she knows that I kiss him is still a mystery to me). None-the-less I respond "I do love him, yep!" She smiles, bigger now. "Well, Mom and Dad love each other, and they kiss, but they are married... Why aren't you married." The inevitable question. It's been popped a lot lately by little ones who don't quite understand dynamics. I respond "Well, because the boy asks the question, and to be able to ask the question it takes a lot of thinking and money."... "Oh." She replys, and runs off to play (Or so I think).  A while later I'm playing with Evan and Lexi comes and curls back up in my lap- Only this time she has something in her hand. "What's in your hand" I ask her, innocently curious about what she is so proud of.  "Well, I want to give my money to Rob so he can marry you she says as she holds out a handful of cash."

The heart of children. It's worth every exhausting moment they've ever brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment