Monday, February 6, 2012

Exhausted.

Exhausted.


That is probably all I would really need to say to describe my life right now. I'm exhausted. Children are a blessing from God. They're beautiful, and wonderful and amazing creatures who are learning and discovering and growing every single minute. But in all of their glory anyone who has ever spent a significant time with kids knows they are incredibly, incredibly exhausting.



This weekend consisted of a late night on Friday night, skating for 2 hours on Saturday, swimming for 2 hours on Saturday, hockey practice (more about that coming soon), a birthday party and lots of playing. All of these things, although exciting and fun, left them very worn out- and me very worn out. I have a new-found respect for parents that comes from a first-hand experience of living it out. It's wonderfully exhausting.

I got to be a hockey mom for the first time in my life. Pads, skates, jersey, smelly-locker room, cold-rink and all. I felt slightly out of my element alongside many hard-core hockey Dads but I survived an experience I believe every Moorheadian should partake in!

I got my Montana teaching license in the mail! I am finally an official licensed teacher. I'm legit. It's real. I guess that means I have to start applying for jobs now (I'm actually really excited, it's just an incredibly daunting task) and am hoping that my North Dakota license (the one I actually am going to use) is shortly behind it.

And my favorite thing about this weekend: I discovered that my boyfriend is going to be the best daddy someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment