Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Growing-up?

The daunting  task of applying for real-life, grown-up, you-studied-this-in-school-for-years jobs is now upon me. It's not only nerve wracking, scary or frightening it is downright terrifying. At least I'm thinking so as of late. Finally, 600 dollars, lots and lots of hours and months later I have completed all the necessary requirements needed to apply for a North Dakota teaching license. I sent off all the information in a packet this morning, and am patiently waiting to hear the wonderful news that I am a licensed teacher!

But- along with becoming licensed I also get the humongous task of searching, and searching and searching for jobs. Jobs that nearly 600 people apply for. Most of which never even get interviews, and dozens of people are interviewed for, most of which never actually get the job.

But a girl's gotta work, so I have to have faith. And faith I will have.

In addition to the job search, I have not been enjoying the many hours spent apart from my boyfriend while he is away for the week. If I didn't want to be a wife before, sleep next to him at night and wake up to him in the morning, I certainly do now. (We all know I wanted more than anything to be a wife before, so I guess I can only say you can about imagine where that leaves me now) But, I am trusting in God that he has a plan, and I will purge onward on all fronts- job, boyfriend and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment