Thursday, May 10, 2012

All things teacher.

Lately I've been obsessing over all things teacher. From classroom signs, to organizational binders, to lesson ideas- pinterest, blogs and the internet in general has gotten the best of me. It's been so much fun to begin looking for a particular grade, and to visualize my classroom when I know what the actual space will look like. Of course, I've got visions of a place so wonderful it would only happen on a movie set, but I'll do what I can. It's still hard to believe that I get my very own classroom and set of kiddos- and looking at the standards gives me an overwhelming sense of excitement about the knowledge I get to instill in these youngsters. Through my teacher-obsession I've learned three things 1.) There is an abundance of information that 3rd graders need to learn-eeeek! 2.) There are tons of teachers out there who are incredibly creative, but teaching takes an incredible amount of organization (this is coming from the anally-organized person I am) 3.) You could spend SO MUCH money on teaching. I am convinced that it would be so easy to spend more than you make on teaching. Yikes. I better be careful.

I'm trying not to stress too much already about the upcoming school year, I don't need to be an uber-stressed out human being for 3 months before school starts...

I'm going to attempt to make a teaching blog once the year begins. I know I'll be so busy that it may be impossible to keep it up, but watch for it this fall. I'm excited to share my adventures with all of you. I also made a classroom website for my parents and teacher- it'll be fun to see how that evolves throughout my career as well.

I've been having a lot of fun at my job lately. The girls have really warmed up to me, and I've started to love being a part of their lives. It's crazy how children just have a way of inching their way into your heart- and these three have certainly done that. I spend a lot of my day running around, picking up, but most importantly laughing. It's a lot of fun. Children are truly a joy- it's hard to be around them and not laugh.

I've had such a sociable week this week- and it's been really good therapy for the heart. Seeing friends, having good chats and catching up on other people's lives give me a great feeling that I am not alone in this life. How wonderful is that?




No comments:

Post a Comment