Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fly By Summers

The 4th of July has come and gone. Actually, the 4th of July flew by like a fence post out the window while driving down the interstate. It was here and gone that fast. It's hard to believe that summer is already half over. Where does time go, how does it go so fast? I just can't seem to ever wrap my mind around that concept of the 3 months between the end of May and the end of August seemingly taking a great deal longer than the three between Christmas and my birthday.

This summer has been a wonderful ride of memory making, and has graced me with several different emotions. Approaching the end of the summer I will begin my first real grown-up job, and I absolutely can't wait to see where that takes me. But with that excitement comes a great sense of anxiety- the room's not ready, I'm not ready, I have so much to do, so much to get in order- overwhelming to say the least. 

I know it will all work out wonderfully, and I'm trying to enjoy the last few weeks of off-the-hook freedom before I really have to buckle down and actually start stressing, but let's get real- I've been stressing since the day I signed my contract. Excited and nervous.

This weekend was another out-of-the-park, home run weekend of fun, adventure and excitement.Saturday was a beautiful 90 degree day, and I got to spend it at Pelican lake literally surrounded by people I love. What a blessing. There was a moment during the day when my Dad, my brother, Rob and his Dad were in the water swimming in the middle of the lake, and I stopped and said to myself "What a lucky, lucky girl I am."


I've been saying that a lot this summer- how blessed and lucky I am. Longtime friends, new friends, birth family, gained family (although not yet, technically), a boyfriend who is a best friend, a job, financial stability, and a whole lot of love in my life and in my heart. 

Switching gears completely- I'm finally going to bite the bullet and start my teaching blog. I think I have enough to say on the teaching front, enough to share, enough happening in my life that it is worth of a blog. But I need a name. I want a fun, creative, interesting, memorable name for my teaching blog. One that I can keep for a long, long while and not feel like I outgrow it. I need your help. What do you think?

Although not completely finished, I've made a lot of headway on my classroom. The walls all have at least one coat of fresh paint, and many are on their way to two fresh coats. I'm excited about how it's going to look when it's all said and done, and really thankful that I have amazing parents, a really, really great friend, and a boyfriend who have spent hours willing to help me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment